This unique product is a fibrous water soluble stabilizer with a fusible coating which aids in hooping and fabric control. The water soluble base does a beautiful job of supporting dense embroidery designs on fabrics where complete stabilizer removal is desired. Its clean rinse capability makes it the best choice when using it with delicate fibers such as yarn scarves or English netting. Also use for sheer fabrics such as organdy, organza, lame, sheer silks and more to establish a solid type fabric that is easier to hoop and embroider. Once the embroidery is complete, all the stabilizer rinses away and will not shadow through.
- Perfect for creating needle turn appliques
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue
To use Wet N Gone Fusible®:
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer on to the back of the fabric. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilization. *Important - Use a low temp (260°, silk) setting on your iron. Do not touch the surface of your iron to the Wet N Gone Fusible®, use a press cloth (muslin or cotton). Press quickly! It is not necessary to hold the iron to the fabric for more than three seconds.
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the garment or item from the hoop. Pull back and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.
- Rinse away the Wet N Gone Fusible® using cool water.
**NOTE: All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given above is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your iron's temperature until you achieve a good bond between the fabric and stabilizer.