This unique product is a fibrous water soluble stabilizer with a tacky (pressure sensitive) surface that does a superior job of supporting light or dense embroidery designs.
Use the tape size rolls of Wet N Gone Tacky for a variety of sewing, quilting, and embellishment needs. It holds fabrics together during stitching and then rinses away! Ideal for hemming, stabilizing decorative stitches in most fabrics, zipper placement, heirloom sewing (lace to lace or lace to fabric), piping or fringe insertion for home dec and much, much more!
- Makes embroidery a snap on hard to hoop areas.
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue
- Use as a topping for wide satin stitch designs on high pile fabrics for perfect results!
To use Wet N Gone Tacky®:
- Place one layer of the product in your embroidery hoop, paper side up.
- Score the release paper with a pin or needle and peel back to expose the sticky surface of the stabilizer.
- Stick the garment or item to be embroidered in place and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Embroider the design. *Tip - Use a slow machine speed of 600 stitches per minute or less.
- Remove the garment or item from the hoop. Pull back and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.
- Rinse away the remaining Wet N Gone Tacky® using room temperature water.
*Tip - It is necessary to use "soft" water to get optimal rinse results with this product. If your water is hard or has high mineral deposits it may be necessary to add a water softener to the bath while rinsing your garment.